Retreat Facilities Manager (couple or individual) for spiritual retreat center.
SUMMARY: The Retreat Facilities Manager is responsible for the oversight of Sanctuary Retreat Center, 28 acres and 4 buildings, in rural, Montgomery County, MD, less than an hour from Washington, DC.
Sanctuary Retreat Center is a Jewish and ecumenical retreat center sponsored by the Am Kolel Jewish Renewal Community. The Retreat Facilities Manager would supervise as well as performs hands-on work to maintain the buildings and grounds and maintain a helpful presence when guests are on the property and be on-call for emergency situations and other issues as they arise. A lovely cottage is provided. This is a full-time, salaried position that includes private housing, partial medical insurance, paid vacation days and holidays.
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS INCLUDE:
- Excellent planning, supervisory, investigative, troubleshooting and time management skills.
- Experience running a large home.
- Conscious of environmentally sustainable solutions during planning, purchasing, and implementing projects.
- Ability to work effectively independently and with a team.
- Ability to graciously interact and communicate with customers, guests, visitors, and staff.
- Appreciation for the role of Judaism and spirituality in alignment with our mission, vision and values.
INTERESTED? Please submit a current resume, contact information for three references, and a cover letter about yourself (including how you heard about the position) to R. David Shneyer and Gilah Rosner at email@example.com. Please put Retreat Facilities Manager and your last name in the email subject line. Review of applicants will continue until the position is filled, with an anticipated start March 1, 2015.