ALEPH: Alliance for Jewish Renewal, is looking for a unique individual to become its Executive Director. This job is an incredible opportunity for the right person. As Executive Director (ED), you will work with brilliant and compassionate Jewish spiritual leaders and teachers. You will help further a trans-denominational movement that has already had profound effects on liberal Judaism and lead its continuing growth. You will have the privilege of making an extraordinary difference for Judaism around the world.
The successful candidate for Executive Director will bring the following qualities:
- Committed to the work of Jewish Renewal and ALEPH as an organization which enables people to have transformative personal and communal Jewish experiences.
- Eager to guide and inspire ALEPH as it continues its process of organizational change and growth, following the death of Reb Zalman, z”l.
- Proven fund-raiser at both the personal and institutional levels – adept at making the “big ask.”
- Seeker who walks their spiritual path, follows personal and communal spiritual practices and who sees this engagement as holy work.
- Familiarity with post-secondary education and eager to contribute to addressing the unique challenges faced by the ALEPH Ordination Program, the largest liberal Jewish seminary in North America.
- Ability to connect with and attract the next generations of Jewish Renewal and to communicate effectively through social media.
- Practiced administrator able to encourage, affirm, and shepherd the professional staff, project directors and educators. Strong collaborator with boards and committees.
- Smart decision-maker regarding allocation of organizational resources. Proficiency with budgets, numbers, and Excel.
- Desires to work at home, anywhere in the continental United States, and be available for occasional travel to deepen stakeholder relationships and cultivate new opportunities.
- Has a big heart and is committed to servant leadership. Supports and inspires colleagues to achieve personal and professional growth.
Minimum of at least 7-10 years of experience required.
Salary to be determined based on experience. Benefits include health insurance and paid time off for all major Jewish holidays.
Please email your resume and cover letter to Board Chair, Rabbinic Pastor David Daniel Klipper at firstname.lastname@example.org.