- the beautiful softcover volume,
- e-books for Kindle, Nook and iBooks, and
- mp3 files of selected psalms, recorded by Reb Zalman himself.
Reb Zalman was delighted to daven from a pre-publication copy of this book in the last months of his life. The softcover version was the last of his works published in his lifetime. Poignantly, this is the volume from which Rabbi Marc Soloway so gently read Psalm 23 as our beloved Reb Zalman was laid to rest.
Psycho-spiritually accurate for our age, Reb Zalman’s “Heart Psalms” are gender-balanced and reflect his egalitarian, post-triumphalist, ecumenical, and Gaian approach to spirituality. Although oriented to use in Jewish liturgy, care has been taken to ensure that Christians, Sufis and others can use this volume in prayer with ease. It was Reb Zalman’s fond hope that this book would provide path to healing for people throughout the English-speaking world.
To obtain your copy in the version most convenient to you, use the following links:
- Softcover Book — takes you directly to ALEPH’s publisher’s page. Use the discount code LFSRVD8R, and you’ll get a 10% discount, the same price as directly through amazon.com — and significantly higher royalties will flow into supporting Reb Zalman’s legacy.
- mp3s — there are 2 volumes of selected psalms recorded when Reb Zalman was at the top of his vocal powers.
We hope that Reb Zalman’s Psalms will become your “Heart Psalms” over time.
PS. A free Study Guide, including a number of spiritual exercises with Psalms, is now available for download on the ALEPH website. Thank you once again to the many generous donors to our crowd-sourcing “Heart Psalms” campaign this spring, who made the completion of this landmark project possible!